I sometimes (always) crave the bad stuff - chocolate, cake, cookies etc. especially now that I work full-time. However, I am aware that I can't always have the bad stuff (excessive sugar intake is associated with a long list of negative side effects - acne, insomnia, mood swings, weight gain etc. (I will post more about this in a later post)). So, in order to satisfy my cravings, I usually whip together these delicious treats...
These 'treats' are all super easy and quick to make FYI.
1. Banana pancakes - holy moley these are amazing - blend 1 banana, 2 eggs and some coconut in the blender until smooth (like pancake batter). Then cook them! This usually makes around 4. I took a photo of a batch I made last week so have a look at what toppings to add below!
2. Cacao balls - 1 cup medjool dates, 1/2 cup almonds, 1 cup coconut, sprinkle berries (this keeps them moist - I hate dry 'bliss' balls), 1/2tsp vanilla, 1/2tbl water, 1/4 raw cocoa. Blend together and roll into balls. Top off with whatever you like (I like pistachio, but I know others like coconut). Store in the fridge. Check out my photo below to see what they should look like!
3. Sweet potato fries - chop as many sweet potatoes as you want into 'chips' then bake for 30 mins - sprinkle with cinnamon, honey or salt!
3. Banana and date cookies - 1 handful of oats, cashews and some almond meal. A pinch of baking soda and salt. Medjool dates (as many as you like), 1 ripe banana and 1 tbl spoon of coconut oil melted. (If to dry or wet adjust the mix). Blend together and bake.
5. Chia seed pudding - 4tlb chia seeds, 1 small tin of organic coconut milk, honey and cinnamon. Shake well and let sit in the fridge for 30 mins. Enjoy for up to a week.