We interviewed the one and only JAYE EDWARDS to find out all our pressing hair questions...
And it went a little something like this...
1. What do you think of the latest hair trends – pink hair and the shaggy textured bob? Can anyone rock this look or do you think it’s a question of having the right complexion and facial structure?
Obviously, shape and tone and colour effect the face, how you look and how you feel. However, if you want a pink shaggy bob, just do it.
2. As a balayage expert, when working on a client, how do you ensure you get the correct balance of colour? How do you always perfect the ‘natural’ look?
For me it is completely visial, it all about the root, how it looks, how far from the natural colour it is and how well it grows out. You can have a heavily colour blonde balayge but still have it looking natural.
3. What do you recommend girls who dye their hair do to keep their hair in a good condition? What is the number one hair product you recommend?
4. Where do you find your hair inspiration? Do you experiment and research innovative techniques and styles?
Youtube, instagram, late nights researching, using random tools and objects to see how it transfers on to the hair.
5. Edwards and Co. is hugely successful and your brand/reputation has proliferated exponentially over the past few years. Are you excited to expand nationally? Would you consider opening a salon overseas?
Super exited, I never imagined to grow this big. Internation is definitely the end goal.
6. What is the benefit of employing freelance hairdressers?
I ask myself the same question every day. Joking. Most of the time they have a clientele, they work harder because they are invested in you doing well, If I do well, they do well too.
7. Your salons have such a cool and contemporary feel, did you always know how you wanted your salons to look/feel?
No not always, when I see the space, the ideas flow, and I take inspiration from some of my favourite interior designers.